The marketing of food supplements in Italy requires a specific procedure.
The procedure for food supplements in Italy
It is an electronic notification procedure to the Ministry. The notification, submitted electronically, involves a verification of the compliance by the Ministry. In case of new findings by the Ministry, the FBO must respond or comply within 30 days.
Food supplements in Italy: who can notify
Food Business Operators responsible for marketing the food supplement in Italy must proceed with the notification procedure.
For Italian FBOs, access is rather simple and immediate while the European and San Marino FBOs must follow the process of translation, legalization and email sending of documents in order to obtain access credentials.
Importing food to EU, general requirements
- FBO data (to be entered ONLY at the first access in the system)
- Information on the product to be notified:
- Production plant
- Composition, form of presentation/format/tastes, if applicable
- Daily dose, if applicable
- Ingredient list
- Amount of ingredients, when required by current legislation
- Precise name of the ingredient according to art.17 of reg. 1169/2011
Presence on the label of the mandatory indications provided by the specific legislation (Dir. 2002/46/CE; DL 169/2004)
- Presence on the label of voluntary indications pursuant to Reg. 1924/2006
- a copy of the label in accordance with the one used for marketing in pdf format
- bulletin or bank transfer certifying the payment of the rights due to the Ministry of Health
The entire procedure costs €160.20. The timing of the release of credentials is not predictable.
For any information: email@example.com